Getting To & Through Sri Lanka 2022
Australia vs Sri Lanka 2022
Australian Passports Require A Tourist Visa To Enter Sri Lanka For Up To 30 Days, Easily Purchased On The Sri Lanka Government Visa Website. If You Are Staying Longer Than 30 Days, You Need To Apply For An Extension In Colombo At Immigration. This Is A Standard Practice, For Which We Will Provide Detail For.
If You Need Further Visa Information Or To Apply For A Visa Before Arrival, Please Contact:
- Sri Lanka Consulate General - Melbourne
- Sri Lanka High Commission - Canberra
- Sri Lanka High Commission - London
- Australia High Commission - Colombo
**NEW BLOG POST: Cricket Club Cafe | Colombo | Sri Lanka**
Getting to Sri Lanka from Australia and the UK is super easy, especially as you can only fly into Colombo!
Sri Lankan Airlines (Qantas Frequent Flyer Partner) operate daily services Melbourne - Colombo. Like many cricket tour destinations the most affordable way to travel, from Australia, is often the long way via the Middle East. Multiple daily flights operate to Colombo by all full service and low-cost airlines. South East Asian airlines all have multiple daily flights through their respective hubs, Singapore, Kuala Lumpur, Bangkok, Hong Kong, as well as flights through mainland China. Research all flights to Colombo on:
DOMESTIC AIRLINES IN SRI LANKA
- CINNAMON AIR
- Cinnamon Air offer an ever-growing domestic network using 8 seat amphibian & wheeled Cessna 208's to all major cities, lakes, and reservoirs. Cinnamon Air offer seasonal scheduled and charter flights the length and breadth of Sri Lanka. Scheduled fares start at US$166. Charter fares start at US$1250
- 'Friend In The Sky' Air operate scheduled services on Monday, Wednesday, and Saturday from Ratmalana Air Force Base south of Colombo to Jaffna. Fares are Rs7500 one-way and Rs15000 return. Baggage Rs750 for 20kg. Charter flights are available across Sri Lanka. The flight to Jaffna (will) continues to Chennai, India
SRI LANKA RAILWAYS
When you join our Australian Cricket Tour to Sri Lanka 2022 we include rail travel (for hotel tours) as required for all journeys between Colombo, Kandy, Galle, and the Tea Country. These are standard 'free for all' seats, with reserved seats when available. All rail travel will be confirmed once we know the Cricket Schedule.
- SRI LANKA RAILWAYS
- Online Booking Unavailable
- Tickets Available 30 Days In Advance
There should be little need to need a long-distance bus, but these can be useful. Buses of varying standards operate around the clock to/from Colombo and from Kandy and Galle the journey is 2-4 hours. In years passed, long distances buses have been used for 'last minute' decisions or need to reach Colombo when you have just missed a train. If you want to take the bus, please use this very useful site taking note of the 'colour coded fares'
If you wish to drive around Sri Lanka research options using:
- MALKEY CAR RENTALS
- Malkey Offer 'With Driver' Rates Starting At Just A$35 Per Day For 80km. Excess Mileage Is A$3.50 Per Kilometre
- RENTAL CARS
SAFETY AND SECURITY